Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yeh Delhi Hai Mere Yaar



When a book sketches out the scene in your brain, we call it a lively description. When a movie sucks you into a scene being enacted and you feel like on of the extras in the crowd of the shot, I don't know what you call it, but I call it a super cool, highly engaging visual delight. "Wow" - to sum it up all up.

Yes, I said "Wow" (in my brain) when the movie ended. I felt like I was standing in Chandini Chowk, even though the set was setup in Jaipur. I was completely conumed by the vibrancy and energy of the portrayal. Bravo Mr. Mehra and team.

Yes, all Kudos to Mr. Rakeysh Mehra and his team of technicians for putting us through such a detailed portrayal of the Chandini Chowk. Mehra's team has nailed it to T, in putting the set together. Costumes, look, make-up everything was perfect. I was completely floored by the Visual Treat I was subjected to. Loved that scene where the cow is about is give birth to a calf in the middle of the road or where a sleeping Abhisek Bachchan in the car is woken up by the snorting of a horse on his face. This brings me to the characters in the movie.

First of all, Rakeysh and his team did a fantastic job of sketching out all the characters to the perfection. Secondly, the casting was also perfect except the lead stars. The real stars of the movie are all the character actors - Om Puri, Pavan Malhotra, Supriya Pathak, Deepak Dobriyal, Raghubeer Yadav and the likes. I hope Abhishek and Sonam took a lot of notes when watching the others portray their role if they want to improve their career graph. The plot was good but slightly thin as Rakeysh seems to want to fit a lot in very less time.

It seemed like Rakeysh was a man on the mission to fit every little detail about Chandini Chowk in the movie. I felt he should've developed the Kala Bandar angle a little more. Other, than that I thought the movie was "WOW".

1 comment:

Animesh said...

hmm.. now I want to see this movie..