Friday, December 17, 2010

The Great Circus

I always thought The Russian Circus was the longest running circus. There is one Indian Circus which seems to be competing with that - Comedy Circus. Its been running for so long that I don't even remember when it started. So, I decided to ask Google Bhaiya and wikipedia gave me a list of all its seasons. That's when I realised how many seasons it has been and how Archana Puran Singh re-invented her career with this simple show. It was just another reality show because it started around the sametime as India Laughter Challenge. Later, it became a brand of its own and Laughter Challenge and some others on other channels also faded away. The jokes got crassier by the season, but I couldn't stop watching it because there were some really good performances as well. I loved performances of Kashiv Khan, Shailesh Lodha & Apara Mehta, Shakeel and Kuldeep Dubey. Hopefully we'll see good performances in the new seasons.

No comments: