Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bhai Ki Dulhaniya Ke Jaaoonga

Sometime ago, I was thinking.....my o my....why don't we have hrishikesh mukherjee style light hearted movies....which one could watch at any time of the day or night and especially when feeling blue and down and instantly feeling total upliftment of mood, just like how we feel after having a tub of chocolate ice cream. And then had the fortune of finally catching up Mere Brother Ki Dulhan a couple of weeks back.

Made an instant plan one weekend morning and informed hubby that I had bought tickets for the early evening show. Hubby was slightly suprised as he wasn't sure how the movie was, since we'd heard mixed reviews. I was reluctant too because of the reviews I had read aka Rajeev Masand.

Rajeev said that the movie is over simplistic. I would say the story was like any other, but the treatment was slightly simple....but not something where the review had to rule it out. Of course, we can't compare it to hrishikesh mukherjee kinds....but it was in the same league......the execution of the story could've been a little better.

Imran was awesome in his chocolate boy role. Katrina, I felt, was a quiet loud in her expressions ( as usual ). Ali Zaffar was good in regular comic role, I quiet liked him. The movie was short and sweet, but could've made it a little better....the fathers were slightly over acting types. The songs were good, very refreshing - "Matrimonial see Aankhen" and "Kaisa yeh ishq hai, ajab sa risk hai". Loved the spoofs. I believe the actors put in their best, but they weren't in the same league as rishi da's stars.

Rishi da and his actors have a special place in our hearts - Utpal Dutt, Amol Palekar, the bubbly chulbulee Jaya Bhaduri and even our dear Garam Dharam. Comparing with any of the stars today is an insult to them, but what do we do we got to make do with our current line up.

Lastly, all I would say is that the movie is definitely once watchable. There are a lot of good moments, don't go without watching it once....it makes a nice watch on a rainy day with popcorns :) :). And Now,




No comments: